Thursday 6 January 2011

My Man and Men-In-Training


Shortly before emigrating to New Zealand my parents loaned me the money to buy a decent camera. It is a Konika Minolta Dimage A200. Maybe some of you out there know it.
I still don't...
 It's a relatively foreign object in my hands.
I have a few favourite settings that I use all the time, and I'm assured that it can do much more than what I do with it, but I still haven't figured out how to do these things.
Maybe I should read the manual...
Anyway, that was in 2004 and since then that camera has captured some of my favourite photos of all time. 
These are some of them...


This is possibly one of the best photos I have of my father-in-law. He is an amazing man and I miss having him in my day to day life.

This photo is completely blown out - way too much light! But it captures the first moment he held The Frog and so it's special to me.

Precious, really.





The first time The Jord held The Frog.

These moments are engraved upon my heart and I'm so blessed to have these tangible memories...
The essence of summer....


 The Man and the littlest man...
First day of school back in South Africa.

He was so little...
The Frog.

Those eyes are so alive!


2 comments:

  1. Such precious photos!! Love the way photos capture memories forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, these photos are very close to my heart! My only regret is that when The Jord was born we didn't own a digital camera and were broke all the time so were never able to capture the kinds of memories with him that we were able to with The Frog.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...