Thursday 13 January 2011

Paying It Forward - Gift Two of Five.

Remember the day out at the cricket... where I sat and crocheted a giant granny square under the scoreboard?


That particular granny square became a carseat blanket for Miss Piggy to match the beanie I made for her.

I've now made another set for one of my 'Pay It Forward 2011' recipients - which she will receive at her baby shower.

Two down - three to go!





Granny Squares Now: Dozens of Fresh Takes on a Crochet Classic101 Granny SquaresBeyond-the-Square Crochet Motifs: 144 circles, hexagons, triangles, squares, and other unexpected shapes200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match

4 comments:

  1. Apart from the fact that this proves you ARE a generous and loving person, NOT the hard-nosed warrior queen you think you are ... What a lovely idea :)
    Well done Renette - I know you're not looking for accolade, but recognition should be given where its due. You're a lovely woman and I'm the richer for knowing you :)xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... thanks Sal! I truly feel the same way about our friendship.
    Finally finished Miss Piggy's room today and I'll post some pics on the blog - you'll probably recognise one or two of the items in it ;) Items that I actually brought over in one of the 5 suitcases containing our lives when we emigrated... and that I've hung onto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this block! And so kind to give it away! You have a beautiful sense of style and soul, thanks for posting on my blog yesterday! So neat to connect with women across the globe. My dad is from the Netherlands, I wonder if you speak Afrikaans? God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya 4Rs.
    My husband was raised afrikaans and I can speak it too. And my maiden surname is Oelofsen, which is Norwegian, I believe.
    Thanks for the compliments!
    Very glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...